The thing that motivated me to do this.
Me Barr and Jerry were off slacking together during the long run and me and Barr were hiding a "secret" from Jerry, annoying him greatly it seems. Then something grave happened that essentially sealed off Jeremiah's fate. He broke the rules. Jerry knew one of Barr's "secrets" it seems and while Barr was walking on train tracks a bit away, I agreed to trade secrets with Jerry. So he complied and told me something really dumb. Expecting it to be really dumb I believed him and I told him our secret. Then Barr came back and Jerry got pissed at him for keeping our secret away from him. He accused Barr of outlandish things such as betraying him etc. And then he told me he lied about Barr's secret. And that was it. Jeremiah in my eyes will never be anything better than that overabundant American because he broke a very fundamental rule. He had a choice, either tell Barr's secret and break his trust, but find out about what we were hiding, or not tell Barr's secret, but not find out. He didn't make that choice, he wanted to have both. Even though I gave him my word (which is no slight statement as I have repeated to people over and over) he proceeded to lie to me in order to have both. He chose not to control himself and hasn't even paid for it. He doesn't even realize how much that means. To be my friend is something not many have achieved, but I still regarded Jeremiah as being way above the bunch, I guess it wasn't the same for him. What he should be feeling right now is guilt, lots of guilt, but all he feels is, "those bastards were talking behind my back" He isn't even sorry about it, and he didn't feel obliged to tell me Barr's secret after the fact. I'm sure not many of you will understand, but that makes him completely worthless and I don't want anything of the tiniest importance to do with him again. And I'm being completely serious, no exaggerations, no anything. To break my trust, however little I trust any of you, is no small thing. No one should ever do this to anyone, and there's little to no excuse for dire circumstances. If you sacrifice a person's life to save 4 others doesn't mean you're innocent, you're still responsible for that person's death, and it should forever linger on your mind. You should feel guilt. You should feel guilt even if it wasn't nearly a choice of life and death. Even if it was jsut a choice of indulging your wants or not. What Jerry essentially did was indulge in his want of knowledge, adn that is absolutely inexcusable. I would have never expected something like that coming from him, no matter how inconsequential the topic at hand. And because of that he's forever sunk. If I did something like that, I'd feel guilty about it for days, I wouldn't be able to normally speak to the person I lied to ever again. I may not be a pillar of honor, but even I abide my simple rules of mutual trust. This is why I hate American "culture" if you can call it that, because it says little lies don't hurt. Nobody has any idea how much this disgusts me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home