Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Long time, no update.

I realized that I kind of forgot about my blog, but I think that's a good thing. Means I don't find myself without anything to do, life's happy and exciting, and I'm having lots of fun. Which is good last time I checked. Something did remind me about it though...

I was on AIM at the moment and I realized, I hate apathy. Apathy is even worse than hypocrisy, and that's saying something. If you're hypocritical, you at least do it to attain an effect, which means you care about that effect. Which is good last time I checked. Apathy destroys your friendships, destroys your very desire to live, and I do not like that. That wasn't very deep, but I don't care, because to me it's important, and it's always the simple realizations that are the most important.

I'm leaving for Nashville sometime soon, like the 12th, and I'll be back around the 28th. How convenient that the 12th is about when the Japanese trip people come back (I'm not sure, I think so). But that's ok. Always nice to have an exciting summer. I'm in a pretty happy mood right now, even though nothing worked out today. For some reason my Mom woke me up at 8:30 and is like get in the car, you're gonna go get a license. So then we go to the dentist and it turns out my Mom misheard the fourth of July as the first of July. Yeah, you heard me right, the dentist. So then I ask about license and whatnot, and she says, "oh yeah!" so we go out to the office and it turns out we're a little bit late, but I think I'm getting mine tomorrow by 9:30. Well good for me. While we were riding around places, getting all the necessary papers and also Hobby Lobby so my Mom could buy some gauze we were naturally screaming at each other about stuff. Essentially throughout out the day my argument was, "Why the fuck can't you just shut up" to which her answer was "I'm tired" and her argument was "Why the fuck can't you explain?" to which my answer was "I'm listening to the radio, shut up!" I lost my voice, it sucked, I had to have my Mom talk to to the secretary of state person, but she couldn't understand her cause she was black, and I kept having to write on the back of the folder we brought with us what she just said. I found it pretty amusing. Now I am at a loss of what to do, so I decided to update. What a great story huh?

There's such a cool thing happening in Chicago sometime soon. Mazda is sponsoring this all day funfest where if you pay like 40 bucks you get to actually run 2 10-minute time trials on an actual racing Mazda after learning how to drive race cars for 4 hours. Unfortunately you have to be 18. I definitely want to do this sometime, it happens annually across like 12 cities. Of course there's tons of other stuff, like you get to test drive different new mazdas, go carts, cafes, watch real races, etc. Being somewhat of a car aficionado, and somewhat of a fan of Mazdas, I want to go sometime. You should all go too, because it would be fun, and if you don't think so, then you're stoopid.

Ah, in a white room with black curtains, near the stations
Blackroof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings
Silver horses, run down moonbeams in your dark eyes
Dawnlight smiles on your leaving, my contentment

I'll wait in this place where the sun never shines
Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves

You said no strings could secure you at the station
Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows
I walked into such a sad time at the station
When I walked out, felt my own need just beginning I'll sleep in this place where the sun never shines
Wait in the dark where the shadows run from themselves

At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd
Consolation from the old wound now forgotten
Yellow tiggers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes
She's just dressing goodbye windows, tired starlings

I'll wait in the queue when the trains come back
Wait here with you where the shadows run from themselves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home