Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Gump

I just watched Forrest Gump, again for like the 20th time. There's something about that movie that touches me very deep down. I don't quite know why, but it seems so perfect to me. It nearly brings me to tears every time. I think I may like it so much because it holds an answer to that ever burning question, "what is it really all about?". Maybe I feel like Gump because the world seems so alien to me as it does to him. This movie goes so far as being the only thing that makes me realize how much I truly care about everyone around me, and makes me see how empty everything material is. And it doesn't have anything to do with my age since I've loved the movie for 7 years now, it in fact is my favorite movie of all time as well. I wish there was a way I could word the feeling I get when I watch it. I'm gonna stop trying to analyze it because this isn't going anywhere, I just hope at least one of you understands...

Man yesterday (when I wrote the top half) was a sentimental day for me. I spent the evening looking through all of my mom's Taiwan photos and I looked at all of it from a completely new perspective. It was all so incredibly beautiful, but I was too stupid to appreciate it. There are more beautiful things on Taiwan than in the whole of America. And even though I didn't have many friends those that I had were great and they still are despite the thousands of miles between us. The pictures reminded me of so much that I had stored away. I realized how beautiful my mom was back then, even she noticed although she has always hated her picture taken and thought she looked horrible. And I remembered my self, a happy stupid little kid. I liked myself back then way more than now. I wish I always was a happy stupid little kid...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring back the old Kirill!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Ataraxis said...

This IS the real Kirill, I'm not as one sided as you once thought, unfortunately I'm just like everyone else and I can act in different ways...

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ataraxis said...

That was the real Kirill, I have many facets you know...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Ataraxis said...

Man my comments keep disappearing and coming back again...

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home